Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chicken Pox

We have the chicken pox over here. And by "we" I mean Katie. We had a lovely visit with the Harkes last week Sunday and surprise, surprise.. Katie has chicken pox!

I first noticed some very small spots, almost like a rash, on Katie's back and neck on Tuesday and my mom thought that they just might be the beginnings of chicken pox. Wednesday, she had more of them and then finally on Thursday I found three actually spots: one on her head, one on her back and one on her leg(she's spreading them out!). So far, she's been pretty good about it. Yesterday I found a bunch more spots and today a lot more. She has quite a few in her hair too... no combing for a while!

She doesn't have a fever and is pretty content with the usual routine. Obviously a little more sucky and whiny, but really nothing to complain about.

I read online that chicken pox is contagious 1-5 days before it breaks out. Since Katie started on Tuesday and officially on Thursday, there is a chance that whoever she came into contact with at church may have been infected. The likelihood is fairly slim I think, but just to give you moms a heads-up!

Some of her spots have already started to crust over, so she should be over the worst of it next week sometime. For now... I'll leave you with a picture or two of my speckly girl.

[caption id="attachment_1521" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Still such a goof!"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_1522" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Her back is even worse. The picture really doesn't show all her little spots."][/caption]

1 comment:

  1. She got poxed :) I wonder if mum has pictures of us when we had it--I have a feeling she looks like you ('cause you were pretty goofy too lol).

    ReplyDelete