Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For some reason...

I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to be blogging. I think spring is distracting me. Spring with all its moody days. It is so fickle, so unpredictable. The rain may be coming down in torrents one moment and the next, the sun is shining and chasing the clouds away.

This spring seems like it's late, and yet as Henry David Thoreau says:

"Nature is slow but sure; she works no faster than need be."

It's such a comfort to know that we can always expect spring to come after a long winter. No matter what, spring will come. We can be so impatient and want it NOW. But everything is perfect in God's timing: jobs, babies, health and the seasons.

It's so lovely, so absolutely lovely to sit outside and soak up the sunshine. I can just feel my skin drinking in the Vitamin D.

Katie loves to be outside. Every time the backdoor is open she makes a beeline for it. She would probably crawl around on the grass for a long time if I let her. She usually gets rather upset when we go inside or when she isn't allowed to crawl around and get filthy. It's on my to-do list to make her a pair of coveralls to keep her clothes clean! One thing at a time I guess.

These are all my ramblings for today. Hopefully there will be some pictures in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. that's okay. we all forgive you for not blogging :)

    the weather has been a bit fickle, eh? when spring is finally here to stay it will be that much sweeter! having a crawling baby in the summer is hard. Jacob was crawling all last summer and it was a bit tricky - bare knees and pavement/mulch/stones/so many other things don't mix well. he sat in the swing or the stroller a lot last year, poor guy. But he's making up for it now - busy busy busy!!!

    ReplyDelete