Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Yes, I am a DIY gal....

kind of... I'm still getting into it. I don't have those "visions" that other women have while looking at junk and imagining it beautiful, but I'm getting there. I'm starting to see the potential in the ugly.

Two of these have been in our bedroom since we've been married. They were a handoff from Ben's old boss and we used them because, well, we had nothing else.

I was finally tired of them and once I found out I could just paint them, I said why not?

So I sanded them both down, patched the holes, painted, sanded, painted some more. Then after I was done, I thought I'd just spray paint the handles black, which I thought were really ugly, just to see if they'd work.  I thought they looked lovely and suited the style.

I guess I'm satisfied :-)



9 comments:

  1. You did a great job....what an improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a night and day difference eh? LOL Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally lovely! I'm envious of your spray-painting abilities. I'm starting to realize just how classy white and black furniture can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful--love the colour combo--is the paint white or ivory or cream? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It's a creamy-white called: White Mitten.. whatever. I actually didn't spraypaint it, Christine, I just used a very fine roller to get a really smooth look and feel. It worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, you totally spelled my name wrong, and I was referring to the handles-- which you said were spraypainted?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, I thought you were the other Christine, like, you know, like the one from BC. I just wanted to confirm that you didn't think I spray painted the entire thing... dude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Heather!! I love the colour choice!

    ReplyDelete