Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

This and That

We're going camping this weekend with my whole family and I am VERY excited!  I love, love, love fall: cool, crisp nights, crunchy leaves under my feet, snuggling under blankets at night! Combine that with campfires, family, long walks and being right in the middle of fall itself and you have a lovely thing. I can't wait to snuggle my girlie at the campfire and have her learn so many new words and see new things!

Speaking of words, Katie is such a chatterbox! And such a mimicker! She will repeat almost any word you say(whether or not it sounds like anything is a different story) and she's already putting two words together.  I could list her whole vocabulary, but that would take a long time. For about five minutes after Ben leaves for work all I hear it, "Daddy? Daddy gone. Daddy! Daddy gone. Carw. Daddy gone. Work(which sounds more like wuk) Daddy.... etc etc"  All I can say to that is, "Yes, Daddy is gone to work. Yes, he took the car. Yes, he's gone. Yes, he'll come back."

I said to Ben at the beginning of last week, "In the next two weeks I can just bet that Katie is going to start assigning ownership to stuff." Sure enough, at the end of last week I heard a lot of, "Mommy cup. Mommy puyle(puzzle) Daddy book." etc.  My girlie is just growing so fast!

We didn't quite get all our outside house renos done this summer, but the main items have been checked off.  Ben is still working on a few outside things when the weather is nice, but it's starting to get dark earlier and earlier so pretty soon any outside work will have to be done on Saturdays.

The days are getting shorter! I know you'll all hate me for saying this, but I secretly like it when the days get shorter. I love being cozy and warm inside. It's so much easy to cook a good hearty supper when you know it's cold outside and you have a husband coming home who needs a hot meal.

I think I have some nesting going on. Unfortunately it's not in the form of cleaning. I suddenly have this urge to create; sew, knit, bake etc.  It's not a bad thing to have, I just hope I get the cleaning form of nesting soon too!

My new goal/resolution is to go for a quick walk with Katie after lunch/before her nap each day: nothing long, just around the block. I don't get as much(or any really) exercise as I need so even though it's only a 10 minute walk, I figure it's better than nothing.  Plus, fresh air is conducive to sleep so I can't really lose.

I was going to be all "ahead of schedule" at get my fallish decor out early and I missed the boat completely. It's Thanksgiving this weekend and I haven't done anything yet. Oh well, good thing there is more of fall after Thanksgiving. I just feel like if I don't have stuff out by then there's almost no point in putting it out. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's just how my mind works sometimes.

My Polestar calendar still has a VERY central place in my life.  My mind is like a seive these days.  I forgot three separate times to pick something up last week. The only way I got it was to ask Ben.  I probably forgot because I didn't write it in my calendar. What was I thinking?!

Katie is walking!!!! But I'll save that for another post :-)

1 comment:

  1. Two things: 1. Did you know that your blog has an iPad version of itself that allows me to 'swipe' through your posts? See? You are high tech and you (maybe) didn't know it.
    2. I love reading your blog because your style of writing is so true to you-in-real-life. I can seriously hear your voice in my head when I read your posts :)
    Thanks for the update on your life. I actually don't mind when the days get a bit shorter, either. I don't however like it when it dark by 5pm. Nightfalll at 7:30 is perfect!

    ReplyDelete