Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sewing Project # 1

I just finished a HUGE sewing project that took about 20+ hours.  Last Christmas, my mom had gifted Ben and my brother-in-law Nick with the promise of a new winter coat.  This fall she asked if I wanted to help sew and we'd each sew a coat at the same time. For the last couple weeks I've been spending a good deal of time behind the machine(and my back is paying for it!) but the finished product is SO worth it. A lot of little pieces and finicky sewing and voila! Ben and Nick have new winter coats. I have to admit, I am very happy and slightly proud of the finished product. Of course the good-looking model only adds to it :-)











10 comments:

  1. Nice work! What a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben missed his calling....
    Great job on the coat - I am envious of your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! that's a project. It turned out really sharp

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty neat! What a job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great fun, Heather.....
    What shall we do next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great coat, and a huge task! What's job #2?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job. It looks great! Ben was a great model. I am impressed! (O:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe you sewed a leather coat! You are ambitious, and I am very impressed! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's actually a wool/polyester blend; probably not quite as tricky as leather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally getting to look at your blog...the coat turned out great!!! And, yes, Ben always has liked dressing up :-)

    ReplyDelete