Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Felt

I love felt. No joke. I discovered it not that long ago and since then I've made several felt projects, not all of which are completed, but I'm getting there! A few days before Emma was born I found a picture of few cute animals made of felt. They were hand sewn and just the sort of quick, hand-sewing project I was looking for.  I made my own pattern from the picture and then went on to add a few more animals to the collection. I love the finished result and think they're super cute! Katie got them for her birthday on Sunday and is loving playing with them.



The set I saw online was four animals: Elephant, Whale, Bird and Frog(the frog was funny looking and I didn't care for it). It was selling for $10 on Etsy. Would you pay that for a hand-made set?

6 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the animals and the opportunity for imaginative playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay 10 for a set of animals. Let me know if you plan to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness. I would buy a set for 10 dollars - they would make a very cute gift. Maybe you could sew an ark, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary VanDoodewaardFebruary 21, 2012 4:20 pm

    Maybe you should start selling these. They are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute, and your hand stitching is just lovely! Felt is a lot of fun, particularly since you never have to worry about fraying edges! :-) You've got me tempted to pick up my bag of felt scraps again to make something for AnnaMae! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Most of my kids are too old for those though :( Another thing I saw on etsy and love is the felt food.

    ReplyDelete