Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update on Colic

Well I've been diary free for two full weeks now and it's been working great! I haven't cut out tomatoey things(so that's made cooking a bit easier) and Emma seems to be tolerating that fine. She's still a fairly fussy baby, but at least she doesn't seem to be in pain and her puking is less too. I'm also off chocolate and citrus which also seems to make a difference. I had a bit of chocolate a week ago and Emma was quite upset, so I think that was the culprit. Yogurt seems to be ok though; my dad, the scientist, says it's a different culture/bacterial/something complicated, so it's ok.

I'll probably try to reintroduce dairy again in a month or so; right now it's not worth the hassle. She's not sleeping any better at night. Even a dream feed at 10 doesn't do anything as she'll still wake up at 1am and 4/5am. We've tried a soother, but she wants nothing to do with it. She seems to be ravenously hungry when she wakes up too, and it's easier to get up and feed her than to try to sleep when she's throwing a fit. Yes, she has quite the temper. She actually did one night last night that she slept from 8pm to 4:30am(of course that was the night I went to bed late, so I didn't get a nice 8hr stretch), but only once and then she was back to 1am and 4/5am. I'm tempted to get some formula and see if that will make her last longer, but I kind of feel like I'll be cheating. Plus, if she has a sensitive stomach, I'm not sure what that will do. She's 11 weeks now and probably around 12/13lbs. She should be able to do a few longer stretches in a row.

Thanks for all your comments and concern; it's so wonderful to be thought of and cared for :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment