Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bagels

Ben's been bugging me for probably three years a while to try and make bagels. It was one of those things that I was willing to try, but it wasn't on the top of my list. I was baking bread this morning and thought I'd give them a try. I had half of one for lunch and it was quite tasty! The real test will be when Ben gets home and tries one. He eats a bagel with an egg every morning for breakfast, so we go through a lot of these. I figure it probably cost me $0.50 to make a batch and I got six out of one batch. I think I'll make them a little smaller and do eight next time. A bag of six bagels at the store costs $1.99 on sale, so I guess this isn't too bad. I think I need to scale back just a touch on the flour so they roll better, and my holes weren't quite big enough, so they're kind of non-existent now. But all in all, they were pretty easy to make, so I will definitely be making them again!

3 comments:

  1. I am so hungry, and those look so tasty..... How unfair ;)

    ReplyDelete