Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Discouraged

Ever have weeks where things just don't get done and the work seems to pile up? The list that wasn't too long at the beginning of the week is miles long by the end.  You know you've been working, but you feel like you've got nothing done? Your house is a disaster even though you're pretty sure you've been picking up all week? You feel like you need to start the week all over to even start climbing the mountain of work? You don't know where to start and you want to start a new project because at least you'll start at the beginning instead of in the middle?

I felt like that this week. I feel like that today. Even though the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day I kind of want to go back to bed and start over. I know all I need to do is get off this computer and pick one task and start, but....then I see all the other tasks that need doing and I sit here a little longer.

Thankfully I have a very understanding man who is willing to roll up his sleeves and pitch in. He already pitched in and did the dishes this morning, a little tidying, painted a bit of soffit, and watched the girls when I was gone this morning. Seriously, I've got a real catch :-) He's at work now, but should be home shortly. I know he'll light a fire under my butt (in a kind, gentle way of course :-) and we'll whip this house into shape. In fact, just thinking about it is giving me some energy. I said some, mind you, not oodles. But that being said I have a sliver in my finger that needs to be picked and the tweezers just happen to be in the bathroom which just happens to need a clean.... so off I go! Thanks for reading my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment