Pages

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Five years ago

We were only engaged
The teBokkel family was growing by one bringing it to nine (It's now at 13)
Ben's parents only had four grandchildren(now eight)
Our house was barely liveable
We drove Ben's little Hyundai
I was many pounds lighter
Katie and Emma were just twinkles in their Daddy's eye ;)
I thought the stretch marks I had then were bad... I really had no idea what I was in for
I had no idea that in five years we'd have two adorable little girls
So many friends and family came along way to share in our special day

So many things have happened since then and we've made so many memories together. It's been a wonderful five years. I'm afraid the honeymoon stage has over(kids will do that do you :-), but the love has only grown and the commitment deepened. Sorry if this is getting to mushy for ya'll but it's my blog, so I guess I can get as mushy as I like! I couldn't imagine a better man more giving of his time and love. He thinks I'm pretty great too, but we won't get into that. Looking forward to the next five years and all that comes along!

"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labour in vain who build it. Ps 127:1a








4 comments:

  1. Happy 5 years :) It goes fast, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys look like little kids here!!! LOL You've grown up! Happy Anniversary. I thank God for my wonderful daughter in law (and my son, of course :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original 8 members plus, Ben, Nick, Alyce, Katie and Emma :-)

    ReplyDelete