Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

HomeMade

I just thought I'd repost this post about brown sugar as I've talked to several ladies in the last little while about brown sugar and how easy it is to whip mix up.

And while I'm on the subject of homemade stuff and saving moula.... I now make my own Taco seasoning with this oh-so-simple recipe. I'm not even kidding. We use this stuff all the time and it costs WAY too much, nevermind the fact that you have to buy it in miniscule little packages. So I did some research, and by research I mean I googled it. I found this recipe gave it a try and never looked back. The only thing I needed to buy was Cumin and that was in the spices aisle of Superstore.

Taco Seasoning

6 tsp Chili Powder
5 tsp Paprika
4 1/2 tsp Cumin
3 tsp Onion Powder
2 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8-1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Mix all and store in air-tight container for up to six months(Mine never lasts that long!). Makes about 21 tsp. Approximately 7 tsp of the above mix is equal to 1.25 ounce package of Taco seasoning. * I just dump some in until it tastes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment