Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Piano Fingers

Katie has long fingers. At least that's what I've been told by almost everyone who sees her hands. It was the common remark after she was born, "Wow! Look at those long fingers: piano fingers!" Well, everyone except my mom, who is determined that they are "organ fingers." (I heard the same thing when Emma was born!) Katie plays piano almost every day. She sits there nicely playing away, usually singing "Jesus yoves me" and turning the pages of my piano books every so often. She likes to pretent she's playing "Grandma's organ" too and will "press the buttons" to make a different sound.  It's so fun to watch her and I'm not-so-secretly hoping that she'll keep her love for piano and music.



1 comment:

  1. This warms my heart! :-)

    I love that you let her play...so many parents shoo children away from the piano to keep them from making noise - hardly encouraging a love for music!

    She'll make a great musician if she continues to love it!

    ReplyDelete