Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rain

Rainy days like today make me want to go back to bed. I'd like to stay snuggled up in my bed with a good book and a cup of tea, listening to the rain and the ground drinking it in.

Summer Rain
As I lie in bed and listen to the rain fall
I can almost hear the plants spreading their leaves to catch an extra drop
The ground is dry and parched, ready for moisture
It drinks, thirsty for a summer rain
I watch the rain fall, nay, dive from the sky
It hits its mark every time
A coolness settles in the air
It starts to chill at my feet
I wonder, how many millions of rain drops are falling
There are too many to count
What an incredible part of creation
That water would fall from the sky to the earth 
That is something only our great Creator could design
The earth is washed clean again
It is refreshed with a summer rain





No comments:

Post a Comment