Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Emma 9 months

Emma has now been outside of me longer as she was inside of me. Weird. I gotta say, sometimes I wish she was back inside. She's a dear, lovable, smiley girl, but sometimes..... what a crank!

I know, you'd never guess it, but it's true. She's a demanding, sensative, mommy's girl who lets you know what she wants, when she wants it.
This is my proof.

This is especially true at supper time. We've been eating supper much earlier which seems to help and sometimes I feed her supper before our supper to keep her whining to a bare minimum. 


She's finally taking a bottle! Hurray! I just tried it one day with 2% milk and while she wasn't excited she didn't hate it either. The next day I tried again and we never looked back! She's been a fussy, nosey nurser, and the bottle gives her the freedom to look around as she likes.

I wonder now, if she really has been getting enough through nursing. She would nurse SO quickly: 5 minutes, maybe. She also would frequently wake up in the middle of the night and want to nurse. For the last few days, I've been nursing her on both sides before bed*EDIT(that was last week; I am now down to just the morning) and giving her a bottle of Homo Milk. She'll drink between 6-8oz. And for the last bunch of nights, she's been sleeping until 7:30ish.  Lovely!

I really feel like I've turned a corner with her now. I'm still nursing her in the morning and at night, but once she hits that 10 month mark, I am done! Done! Done! Done!

Besides that, she's hitting her regular milestones. She's talking lots: Mama, Dada, bababa. She loves having her sounds talked back to her. She's got this great sense of humor. It's hard to describe, but there's something about her smile and laugh that just connects.

 She loves to play peek-a-boo and will turn her head and look away and then wait for you to call her name and then look back again. So fun!

She is kind of moving on her tummy. She doesn't really like being on her tummy and will usually roll over. But she is starting to move backwards. She is also turning in circles while sitting on her bum. We shall see how fast progresses!

She is a total dumper. She'll pull everything out of the basket and make a big mess around her; then she'll start playing with stuff. It's like she has to see all her options before she chooses what to chew on. (See what I did there? Chooses to chew? Hardy har har....)

She has two very sharp teeth and uses them on everything! Thankfully she's been "neglect" in using them on me. Phew!
She LOVES Katie. And is always trying to pull at her or touch her. Of course Katie's responds with a whine, "Emma's touching me!" The picture above is her looking at Katie.

She still wears some 3-6 months clothes, but is mostly in 6-9 or 6-12 months.

She naps for usually at least an hour, sometimes two, in the morning and anywhere from 2-3 1/2 hours in the afternoon. This girl is SO unpredictable.

She can play by herself very well. If I stop and look at her or talk to her, she expects me to follow through with the attention and pick her up. Sometimes I just can't resist that smile.

She's a total sweetheart and will break your heart if she cries. Her smile is so real and will just melt you.

She still wears some 3-6 months clothes, but is mostly in 6-9 or 6-12 months.

We kind of, pretty much, totally love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment