Pages

Friday, October 05, 2012

Favourite places

These are some of my favourite places/pieces in my house, at the moment anyways....

 I LOVE this quilt. My mother-in-law made it for us for our wedding. I got to pick the fabric: blue and yellow happen to be a favourite of mine.
This little bookcase sits on our attic stairs and currently holds all our juvenile/older books and novels. As you can see, we're a little tight for space.

 My treadle sewing machine (also a gift from my in-laws). It's currently in our front hall; there will be a basket of hats and mitts on the peddle soon!
 This is on top of our bookshelf in the living room right now. I'd like to get the same size frames for the girls, but I haven't had any luck yet.
 This Gorgeous quilt was made, designed and handsewn by my Oma. It hangs above our piano and I never get tired of looking at it.

3 comments:

  1. Those all look like lovely spots :)
    LOVE your sewing machine...has it always been in your front hall? I've never noticed it before.
    You have some beautiful decor - love your metronome and the jug on the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I move the sewing machine around a bit in different seasons, so it's not always in the front hall....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, ...
    You have a lovely home!
    Thanks for sharing.
    deb

    ReplyDelete