I finished year-end for Word & Deed. I clocked 35 hours in January and I felt it! The first three weeks I was really on top of stuff. Good, "normal" meals were on time, laundry was done, house was cleaned. Then the last week the glue stopped working and we felt it. Laundry fell behind, house was needing
I almost finished year-end for my other client: 22 hours booked there. I finished up the first week of February, so not too bad. The girls got sick halfway through the month, so I mostly went nights. I think one week I did books until 10:30 every night between the two jobs. But now, I feel like I have SO much free time! Makes me appreciate the 11 months that aren't year-end!
Katie stopped napping halfway through the month. She went a week without napping and I went up one wall and down the other! We tried quiet time in her room with books, music etc, but it was like pulling teeth to get her to stay in her room! She just wanted to "be with me." I guess her room was just too far away and she wouldn't let herself relax far enough to sleep. Finally she started napping on the couch. I now sit down in the living room for 10-15 minutes while she lays on the couch and falls asleep. She will then usually sleep for an hour or hour and a half. Nice! The time I "have" to sit is good for me too. It's the perfect time read my Bible or Ladies Bible Study book. I've gotten a lot of knitting done too while she takes some extra time to fall alseep some days.
We went to a lovely staff party for Word & Deed. A first of a tradition, I hope! It was so nice to just sit and chat informally with my collegues and have
I completed my January checklist and deepcleaned my fridge, stove and microwave! Confession: I have never cleaned the inside of my oven in my entire married life. Eeeeee!!!! The fridge was also emptied and deep, DEEP cleaned! We have a leak somewhere of something though (not food) so the bottom corner doesn't look clean anymore, but it was! Really!
I cleaned out my china cabinet and filled it. You can read more about that here.
We rearranged the living room. Again. Every half year or so, I get bored and want to rearrange. So we did and the part of my floors that hide under the furniture were cleaned once again.
My sewing room became a dump site for many things. We caught a mouse in the closet (which is usually blocked with stuff) so all that stuff got piled up elsewhere when said mouse needed to be disposed of. I need to spend a day in there sorting and reorganizing.
Ben and my brother Nick fixed our mantel. Well the mantel didn't need fixing but it needed stonework and tile. I'll have a post on that soon!
I'm looking forward to a more relaxed February!