Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

Two other birthday parties

I better squeeze in some pictures from Katie's other birthday parties!

Ben's family came over to celebrate Katie and Charities birthday. Alas, I didn't even get a picture of the birthday girls together! We had pizza and salad for supper and Amanda made a yummy birthday cake for the 3 year olds!

My family came over the next day for hamburgers and frenchfries! Yum! I made a duplo cake for Katie which she was thrilled with.


I've decided I detest don't prefer making birthday cakes. I'd much rather just make a chocolate cake (or brownies) and icing it in swirls with my finger than spend time fiddle fussing with icing. I felt bad that I don't want to take two hours to make a cake for my daughters birthday, but then I felt better after I thought of the 1/2 dozen hours that went into knitting her shawl. Suddenly, I don't feel so guilty for not wanting to spend time making something for Katie.

P.S. I also have to tell you that Ben helped icing Katie's cake. So, I think next time I'll put him in charge of cake decorating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such a lucky girl ...the birthday that goes on and on!
    Lovely pictures and beautiful cakes! :)

    ReplyDelete