Pages

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

March 2013

We finished our tax return in record time on March 4, right after getting our last tax receipt. We have a very straight forward return, so Ben was done in a couple hours. This was our first year of using a Turbo Tax package and it worked great! We our cheques in the mail about 10 days later.

We all were sick the beginning of the month too. Colds, coughs, sinus infections. We all stayed home all day on Sunday; a first in this house! Thankfully our parents were willing to act as janitors for us for the day!

I had way too many appointments this month: multiple dentist, doctor, optometrist. Phew! I'm glad to be done and glad to be done asking for babysitting all the time! I had a tooth pulled! Ugh! It was my top, right molar at the very back. It had a small cavity, but it was right on the gum line and very hard to get at (hence the reason I got it in the first place). The dentist tried a few times, but it was just too low and it kept bleeding. I was fine with having it pulled, I haven't really missed it at all. The dentist said my teeth shouldn't shift much as my bottom teeth should keep the top in line.

I tried meal planning and grocery shopping for the whole month at the beginning of the month. I would say it was a partial success.  I had to do quick shopping trips for fruit and milk and I ended up picking up some extra food as we entertained a bunch which used up some supplies. It was nice to know that I had everything in the house for my meals each week, so I didn't have to worry about that. It was also easier for me to see and remember how often we're eating what and easier to see that, for example, we should be eating more chicken. I'm going to try again for April; I think it will improve as I get used it.

The whole VMS family went to Leamington to surprise Ben's brother, Eric for his 30th. He was surprised and, I think, happy that we all drove down for his birthday. On the way back we saw a hydro pole on fire: literally a tower of flames. We called it in and the fire truck was there within 10 minutes. It was very strange to see this tower of flames in the sky though.

Ben finished the play room downstairs for the girls. He started the last week of February and finished April 1, so about five weeks. It seemed like we were working on it for a long time, but it wasn't at all. I actually contributed more than my "usual" to this project and did almost all the painting and a lot of sanding. It was nice to surprise Ben one day who planned on coming home from work and putting the first coat of colour on the walls, but instead came home to both coats already on! Thankfully the kids were very good that day, so I was able to spend 5+ hours down there frantically painting!

Ben turned 27 this month too. We had our parents over for coffee and I made him his requested chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I also did our Thursday night church cleaning through the week so I could say "we're going out for supper tonight" when he came home from work, instead of church cleaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment