Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2014

April 2013

We all had a cold/cough or laryngitis this month. Thankfully most of the sickness was cleared up before the baby arrived.

My due date came and went and I was pretty sure I was going to be pregnant forever. Thankfully, this turned out not to be true.

Ben spent Monday nights at the church for a mini-series on covenant theology. He thoroughly enjoyed it and came away feeling refreshed and renewed in the blessings of our Covenant Father.

We did some outside work when the weather finally got warm enough. Christmas lights came down, garden rototilled, lawn raked, gardens cleaned out. It's so refreshing to workout side after a long winter.


My house stayed in a almost perpetual state of tidiness given the unknown time of this baby's arrival. Since we were planning a homebirth, I wanted things to be clean and neat all the time "just in case." It was a nice thing to have, too bad it's just a distant memory now.

We welcomed Alexander Jacob into our family on April 18th! We are now officially a family of five!

I put more meals in the freezer and baking too. It sure has been coming in handy since Alex was born!

We had two inches of snow the second week of April. Spring is rather reluctant to come it seems.

Ben had a funeral or cremation to inter every Saturday in April. The only one he didn't do was the one the day after Alex was born; he had a good excuse to stay home, I think!

I took three kids and went to visit my sister in Guelph for half a day. It was nice to have a non-skype conversation while drinking tea in her cozy living room. 






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been patiently waiting for the news but figured you had a good excuse to keep me in suspense:) Hope you are doing well and I am looking forward to pictures and other tidbits of life with three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with your latest addition!!
    Hoping to see some pictures and a birth story soon:)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete