Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Four Months

Alex turned four months last week! That means in less than two months solids will be joining his menu. Let me just say, I. Am. NOT. Ready!  He needs to be my baby and solids means he's growing into a little boy.

Some notes about my Alex: 

He nurses 5-6 times each day: 7:30am, 11am, 1:30pm, 5pm and 7:30 (or 4:30pm 6:30pm and 8pm).

He has two main naps in his bed each day 8:30/9am-11am and then from 2pm-4:30/5pm. He often falls asleep in his playpen from 12:30-1:30 and again from 6:30-7:30pm.

He generally sleeps 10-11 hours each night. He gets his last snack around 8pm and usually sleeps anywhere from 6:30-7:30. Sometimes he's a stinker and wakes up early or thinks he needs a snack at 4am, but that's not to common, thankfully!


He is a ridiculously content baby. He rarely cries, unless he's "starving." And for the rest is predictable and easy.

He fusses when he needs to sleep, but not for long.

He loves his puppy and "snuffles" (is that word?) when he goes to bed. It stays in his crib, unless we go out, so it's an excellent cue for sleep.

He is really, really, really long. His length is all in his torso. He wears 9 month onsies and 3-6 month pants which are plenty long on him.

He has smiles for almost everyone and does this adorable head/shoulder wag like he's playing coy.

Here are some pictures of Alex at 4 months. Prepare for cuteness overload!











For my own reference--The above was a routine I had with Katie, so when Alex was three months and nursing on the dot every 3-3.5 hours (6times during the day) I started working towards this routine which fits my day very well. I also cut out his dream feed when he was about three months and I think it actually made him sleep better and longer at night. I think I was disrupting his sleep cycle because he was waking up at 3:30am. I figured if he was going to wake up 3:30, I might as well cut out the 10pm feeding and go to bed earlier so I could get a longer chunk of sleep. But then he just slept until 6ish so it was a win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment