Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Alex at Five Months

My baby is five months! It's been a wonderful five months with him, 90 % of the time. This boy is a dream; he really is!

Up to the last week or so, he's had a wonderful, consistent, predictable schedule which was as follows:

7/7:30 wake up and cry because he's obviously starving at 15 lbs! Nurse and sit in bouncy chair

8:30/9am--morning nap

11 am--wake from morning nap and nurse. Sit in bouncy chair or bumbo chair and watch sisters

12:30ish get fussy and lay in playpen maybe catnapping until 1/1:30

1/1:30 nurse and off to bed for afternoon nap

4:30 wake and nurse. Sit in bouncy chair or lay on quilt on the floor and practise rolling over, talk to sisters and see Daddy home from work!

6:30pm nurse and lay in playpen maybe catnapping

8pm One last snack and off to bed!

The last week Alex has NOT be following his routine and has been up a lot in the night. Yawn! After months of sleeping through the night, I'm not cut out for this 2am nonsense! I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. Growth spurt? Teething? I'm having trouble keeping up my milk supply, so that could also be a factor. We tried some formula last week, but he wasn't having any of it. Cereal has been better received, so we'll stick with that for now.

Alex
  • rolls over both ways and turns around and around on his back
  • Sits fairly well with support
  • LOVES to stand
  • Keeps his head level with his body while pulling up (he's been doing this for six weeks now)
  • Can always be settled if someone just holds him
  • Wants to be part of the action and see what's going on
  • Wears 9 month onsies/tops and 3-6 month bottoms
  • Is still a huge snuggler and will sit contentedly on your lap
  • Has discovered Ben's beard and finds it fascinating
  • Has started to prefer me to Ben, this probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am his food source!
  • Is a content, easy baby who has completely stolen my heart!






 I'm sure I'll be looking back at this picture in 15 years when he actually fits these boots and wondering where the time went!
 Alex was keeping me company while doing some book keeping!



1 comment: