Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Quotables

So the other day I was saying goodnight to Katie in Shakespearean (give or take a phrase or two) English with English accent. Katie got into character right away and our conversation when something like this:

Me: "good night dear lady, I do hope you supped well with your dindins"
Katie with slight hesitation: "Thank you"

after more conversation

Me: "Fare thee well, sweet lady. Parting is such sweet sorrow."
With fluttery eyes and silky voice Katie replies: "I don't know what that means"


Katie: "Daddy, I want to go to your funeral someday."  She meant, I want to see a funeral at the cemetery someday.

Emma:  "Katie's calling me EmmaSothrea!"   She meant, Emma Sophia.

Me: "Emma, why are you being greedy?"
Emma: "Because I'm a pirate!"

Emma singing(peace like a river): "I got peas in da river, I got peas in da river"
Katie: "Emma, stop being so peasy!"

Katie wanted to shower after swimming lessons to wash of the submarine... she meant chlorine

No comments:

Post a Comment