Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

August 2015

Trying to remember August.

We canned peaches and made jam. The peaches were not as great as previous years: lots of splits and bruises. They took a while to rippen so they were in my basement for a while. But we got them done, finally, on the hottest day of the year!

We made our last trip to Ikea (we hope!) we had some things to return and thankfully did so without any hassle!

We had Summer Boys' and Girls' club again in August, so Ben was busy with that. He did sports again this year and also brought his Congos to drum along during the singing. I heard the kids loved it!

Katie and Emma had another round of swimming lessons. It was... interesting, to say the least. In hind sight, I should have waited until next year for Katie to go again. I was really hoping she'd continue with the same momentum as the previous session, but she actually got a little freaked out and lost confidence. Emma went between being totally fine floating around to crying her eyes out. Ah well, live and learn.

I was busy being part of some interviews for Word & Deed. Due to the season of life I'm in, being busy with kids and homeschooling and other jobs, I'm stepping down from my role as book keeper. We went through some phone interviews and then face-to-face interviews in August. We had some great candidates and from them have chosen a lady to take my place.


We had a lovely week of vacation at a house/cottage just 30 minutes north of Kingston. Nick & Alyce
 joined us for half the week--so fun!

We cleaned and organized the workshop and basement pantry room one afternoon and followed with rearranging, organizing and cleaning the attic and attic bedroom and closet the night after. Those two rooms were haunting me and it feels SO good to have them clean and sorted.

Ben did all the last touchups in the kitchen: paint, trim, grout etc. He took the door off to be refinished and then we just have to chose a paint colour for the door and I need to sew up some curtains for the window!


No comments:

Post a Comment