Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Pregnancy: round four

I'm so neglectful in pictures this pregnancy, but here are a few, although they're outdated by now.

Pregnancy has gone well and has been a normal for me. I have the usual heartburn and things like that and of course my hip problems that unfortunately are getting worse with every pregnancy.  I see an osteopath which really helps, I wear really supportive sandals (WellRocks) as much as possible and I'm layering on the essential oils which really help! I can really tell when I haven't put them on the night before.

I had a rather unfun gall bladder attack in January which brought me to the ER. It came out of nowhere and I didn't know what the pain was at first since it started in my upper back. I dealt with an hour or two of pain, but as it progressively got worse I got Ben to come home, drop the kids off at my parents and drop me off at the ER (I couldn't drive at that point) and when I was finally seen (3 hours into the attack) my pain had reached a 10 and I would have rather have given birth! Thankfully all was well with the baby and they put me on morphine and I got a bed to lay in. The morphine brought the pain down from a 10 to a 9.5 and then after another dose, brought me to about an 8. When Ben came a few hours later I was still breathing through the waves of pain and not able to talk much. Thankfully shortly after that it started to subside and I was able to go home again with managable pain which then ended an hour or so later. The attack was a doozy and lasted about 6-7 hours, with 3-4 hours of "I'd rather be in labour" pain. I've had a few minor attacks since, but nothing that I could handle without pain management. I had a followup ultrasound the day following but that showed no stones, so it's most likely I had stone(s) that passed on their own.  Hopefully that's the last of it!

Other than that, I've been healthy with a just a cold shortly after the busy Christmas season. 

The girls are very excited about this baby and kiss my belly goodnight every night. They love coming to my midwife appointments and always full of chatter and love to hear the heartbeat.

 This was NewYear's so, 20 weeks.
 This January 16, so 22.5 weeks
This is my "for real? four kids?" face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment