Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Quotables

Found some of these on my phone so they cover the last year or so....


"Can I have your phone when you're dead?"  --Katie 6 yrs

"Why doesn't Uncle Wayne come to our church? Probably he keeps our house safe." Emma 4 yrs

After telling someone that Emma was our little Dutch girl, she piped up, "No, I'm not Dutch; I'm Canadian!"

Emma saw a UPS truck. "Is that a chocolate truck?"

Me: "Emma, look at the view!"  Emma: "Where!? I don't see it!"

Emma askes, "How does God knit us together in a womb?" My explanation follows and she wonders, "So.... God is in our heart AND our bellies?"  More explanation follows including discussing how God makes babies, plants and other things grow.  "Oh, does God make vans?"

While watching the Jungle Book and seeing Shere Kahn. "Is that Tigger? hmmmm.... No." --Emma 4yrs

"What's it like to fall in love? Is it like falling out of bed?" --Emma 4 yrs

Talking about resting on Sunday and honouring God and not doing our regular work. Emma states, "If witches cut their grass on Sunday, that would be bad."

Katie was reading the poem 'That's what Little Girls are made of" and Emma was listening. Emma had to clarify for herself and others, "But not actually, because they grow in Mommy's tummy. I know, because Eleanor did."

Emma had a conundrum when playing house by herself, "But who is going to be my hun?"

"His banana over me-e is lo-ove" Alex singing 'His Banner over Me"

"Oh look! It's inhaling again!"  --Katie when seeing it hail outside.

"Alex, do you see tulips in the garden?"  "No, I only see one lip"




1 comment: